Saturday, May 28th from 11am-2pm
Manifold Coworking and Events Space
21 Devon Street West (Upstairs)
Entry fee: $5 and some clothes to swap
If you need a little inspiration, I came across a great article by Louise Thompson that talks about cleaning out your closet - but from the perspective of "Your personal style is always speaking. To you. To others. The good news is you get to control what it says. What do you think it says right now? Time to check in…"
She offers great tips and questions to ask (Do I love it? Do I wear it? Does it project the image I want to project?) to set yourself up to feel great about the clothes you put on. If you're ready for an overhaul, I recommend checking out the article - it's very thorough and very encouraging. Just be sure to put aside some stuff to swap!
If you haven't been to any of our previous swaps, here's what you can expect:
- Arrive anytime between 11am-2pm with your bag of clothes that you're ready to pass on to someone else. Be sure they are clothes you're happy to see go and that they are clean and without rips or stains.
- Pay your $5 entry fee (to cover venue hire). Please remember it's cash only.
- While your clothes get sorted into categories like "ladies short-sleeved tops", "dresses" or "mens pants" you can start perusing the clothes that have already been sorted. They will be piled on tables through the space.
- You can browse through the piles and take home anything from them. We'll have a communal changing room set up so that you can try clothes on if you wish.
- As each person arrives, their clothes will be sorted and put out on the tables. Our volunteers will be adding clothes to the piles as each new batch of contributions arrives. A wide range of attendees ensures that we'll have a wide range of styles and sizes so bring your friends!
- You can stay for the full event or you might find an hour is plenty of time for you to find some great items. You're also welcome to come and go during the event.
- When 2pm rolls around, people will go home with new-to-them clothes and hopefully everyone feels like they got their $5 worth :)
- From there, our lovely volunteers will pack up all leftover items and they will be donated to Dress for Success New Plymouth.
So, mark down May 28th and start clearing out all those items that you don't love to wear anymore!
If you have any questions please email email@example.com